The homes in the Winter issue range from Baroona, one of the country’s finest examples of a Victorian era boom-style mansion, to substantial waterside sanctuary and our small spaces special where we showcase how to make smart use of small spaces: with a cosy barnstyle conversion, an award winning granny flat and a gate keeper’s cottage.
Hunter Stories in this issue:
- Everyday Hero: Newcastle’s Citizen of the year 2020 Michelle Faithfull is walking the walk for charity
- Better Homes and Gardens host Johanna Griggs shows us around her farm near Wollombi
- Sign me up: The best Wine Clubs in the Hunter
- Kings (and Queen) of the kitchen: How a scholarship changed the careers of some of the Hunter’s leading chefs
- Stop, sip and savour: Winmark Wines’ new cellar doorNew life for an old mining site: Austin Breiner and his advocacy for the slow food movement
- The footprint of Martin Falling: learning about sustainability the natural way
- Port Stephens Live: Whale boat watching skipper Frank Future is creating an immersive digital adventure
- Awabakal Nature Reserve: there is plenty to enjoy around Redhead Lagoon
- Let’s get cookin’: the great coronavirus camp oven cook-off is bringing people together all across the country – and beyond.
In this issue’s Hunter Living section, we are reviewing Boydell’s new restaurant and cellar door in Morpeth, Son of a Gun in Hamilton, Chaddies on Regent (New Lambton), Riverhouse Café (Raymond Terrace) and The Wickham Boatshed. James and Rose are sharing the history of the family recipes that have taken the Hunter by storm. We are sharing how New Burger Co are giving back to the community in so many different ways. Sally Evans recommends the best organic wines.
What’s happening in the region: charity, research and business news
- Social pages: Atwea Senior College, Equal Futures International Women’s Day Breakfast, Gen Collective International Women’s Day, Moet&Chandon Event, Newcastle Business Club Luncheon, EISS Super, Surfest Cocktail Party, RFBI breaking ground at Edgeworth
And our happy couples:
- Lauren and Joshua
- Kristy and David
- Cayley and Wade
- Brad and Rhearn
- Kiara and Khynan
- Hollie and Matthew