See dream homes from Wagstaffe on the Central Coast to Merewether, Morpeth, Waratah and Tighes Hill: step inside one of the most beautiful waterside havens we have ever seen, read about Glenn and Penton’s journey from disaster to a light filled new home, experience the touch of Orient in The Bronte, a luxe B&B in Morpeth, a Balinese inspired retreat in Waratah and Guy Bunder’s gravity defying minimalist build in Merewether.
Hunter Stories in this issue:
- Behind the cellar door: the best of the best in the Hunter
- Setting sail for adventure: Maitland’s very own Antarctica explorer
- For the love of llamas: how the friendly animals became part of the family for Hunter local Viv Rogers
- Kilting up for Celtic celebration: the 20th Aberdeen Highland Games
- Racing in the air: the Scone and Muswellbrook Cup Days
- City on Song: all about the Newcastle Music Festival
- A different kind of healing: how Brenda Tanner and her horses are helping women with breast cancer recover
- Addicted to woo: the NSW knitter’s Guild is teaching new techniques
In this issue’s Hunter Living section, we are reviewing Subo’s, Valhalla, El Chapos, Bodados and goldfish. The chef’s portrait is about Robert Molines. Sally Evans is writing about wines from the most special sites in the hunter. There are recipes for body and soul from “Australia Bakes” and “A Basket by the Door”. Plus we are telling you all about the hidden gems of Singleton and surrounds. Regular columns:
- What’s happening in the region: charity, research and business news
- Social pages: International Women’s Day Breakfast, Maitland Black and White Ladies Luncheon, The Business of Sport at the Hunter Business Development Forum, Hunter Safety Awards, ARRC 30th anniversary celebrations, International Women’s Day at Newcastle Racecourse, Muswellbrook Cup Day, exhibition opening: The Flora of the Hunter Region
- Everyday Hero: The Vacy General Store is celebrating 100 years of serving the community.