The homes in our Autumn issue couldn’t be more diverse: from historic Bella Vista in Mayfield that has once again been turned into a private home, to a stunning modern masterpiece in Bar Beach, a smart reno in Garden Suburb, an award winning beach side home in Soldiers Point and ABC weatherman Graham Creed’s hemp home near Stroud.
Hunter Stories in this issue:
- Everyday Hero: Anne Williams and the volunteers from Hunter Wildlife Rescue
- Surfing a wave of community support: Surfest, Newcastle’s biggest surfing event is celebrating 35 years.
- Golden moments: Chart-topping Hunter wines from the 2019 Australian wine show season
- Securing the future for Australia’s wildlife: Aussie Ark in Barrington Tops may be the last hope for some of Australia’s most threatened species.
- Treechange realities: Ditching the hustle and bustle of the “big city”
- When the forest streams run dry: Jerusalem Creek has run dry for the first time in 30 years.
- From Hunter to Hollywood: A.J. Cootes’ Almythea has movie royalty interested
- The art of connecting: The Hunter Artisan Gallery and Café isn’t just about showcasing creative works.
In this issue’s Hunter Living section, we are reviewing the new Signal Box restaurant in Newcastle, The Point Restaurant at Soldiers Point Marina, Masa Madre in Wickham, The Brooks in Belmont and Teale Café in East Maitland. We are exploring how David Sivyer is taking the food cycle full circle with his Feedback Organic Recovery initiative, Sally Evans recommends wines from smaller wineries who are nevertheless big winners at the local Hunter Wine Show. Readers with a sweet tooth will love stories of how Donna Archer turned a chocolate obsession into a full-time career and Anna Scobie and Kelly Lees producing urban honey in the heart of Newcastle. And you can’t miss the the excitement about Lisa McGuigans new cellar door in Pokolbin
What’s happening in the region: charity, research and business news
- Social pages: 360 Underwriting Christmas Party, Maitland Lantern Club fundraiser, Mercedes Benz “Night with The Stars”, Newcastle Studio Potters Inc exhibition launch, pics from Australia Day honours around the region and the Lake Mac Awards 2020.
And our happy couples:
- Iuliia and Simon
- Jaclyn and Ethan
- Holly and Alex
- Isaac and Gabrielle
- Abbie and Ridge
- Indiana and James
- Abby and Mo